July 8th is Canada Historic Places Day, a new initiative of the National Trust of Canada to celebrate more than 12,000 historic places across the country. Each place tells a unique story and more than twenty historic places in Alberta are participating this year.
Visiting these amazing places is reward enough, but you also have a chance to win $1,500! Post a photo of yourself at a participating site on Instagram with the hashtag #HISTORICPLACESDAY, tag the photo’s location, and follow National Trust for Canada on Instagram.
- Atlas Coal Mine, Drumheller: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/atlas-coal-mine-national-historic-site/
- Memorial Park Library, Calgary: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/memorial-park-library/
- Lougheed House, Calgary: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/lougheed-house/
- Bar U Ranch, Longview: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/bar-u-ranch/
- Raymond Pioneer Museum, Raymond: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/raymond-pioneer-musem/
- Cave and Basin, Banff: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/cave-and-basin/
- The Banff Park Museum, Banff: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/event/national-historic-sites-100/
- Sulphur Mountain Cosmic Ray Station, Banff: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/sulphur-mountain-cosmic-ray-station/
- Skoki Ski Lodge, Banff: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/skoki-ski-lodge/
- Howse Pass, Banff: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/howse-pass/
- Abbot Pass Refuge Cabin, Banff: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/abbot-pass-refuge-cabin/
- First Oil Well in Western Canada, Waterton: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/first-oil-well-in-western-canada/
- Frog Lake National Historic Site: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/frog-lake/
- Fort Heritage Precinct, Fort Saskatchewan: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/fort-heritage-precinct-fort-saskatchewan/
- Alberta Aviation Museum, Edmonton: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/alberta-aviation-museum/
- Camrose & District Centennial Museum: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/camrose-district-centennial-museum/
- Jasper House, Jasper: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/jasper-pass/
- Athabasca Pass, Jasper: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/athabasca-pass/
- Yellowhead Pass, Jasper: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/yellowhead-pass/
- Rocky Mountain House National Historic Site: http://www.historicplacesday.ca/listing/rocky-mountain-house/
For more information on these and other historic sites, visit the Canadian Register of Historic Places at www.historicplaces.ca.