Our Comment and Trackback Policy:
The Government of Alberta cannot commit to replying to every comment. We will, however, attempt to engage in conversation when possible.
The views of commenters participating in this blog do not necessarily represent the views of the Government of Alberta. GoA staff will be monitoring the input and may participate or intervene, as appropriate.
In the case of ongoing investigations, legal proceedings, or matters before the Legislative Assembly, we will not be able to comment here.
This site and information set out on it is provided solely for the convenience of interested users. While we try to ensure that the accuracy of the content, the Government of Alberta shall not be responsible for any reliance by the user on the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness or reliability of the content. In using this content, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Government of Alberta from any and all third party claims, demands, actions or costs (including legal costs on a solicitor-client basis) arising out of your use of this site.
You also shall agree that you shall not use this site in such a way as to offend the privacy, personal, property or other rights of any individuals or organizations. You also agree not to use this site in such a way as to breach the laws of jurisdiction in which you currently reside.
All comments will be regularly moderated and reviewed by Government of Alberta staff. Please keep in mind that the Government of Alberta cannot tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive. You, in using this site, agree that you shall not post any content that meets the following conditions, and the Government of Alberta reserves the right to, without notice, edit, remove, or refuse content that meets any of the following conditions:
- contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Alberta Human Rights Act and any other applicable codes of conduct;
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, life-threatening or otherwise offensive messages
- defamatory, serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene, or pornographic content
- content which may offend the privacy, personal, property or other rights of any individuals or organizations
- content which infringes the policies of wordpress.com
- hyperlinks to website or other content that meet the above conditions
- content where the sender is not the author
- content for advertising or other commercial purposes
- announcements from labour or political organizations
- content written in a language other than English
- unintelligible or irrelevant messages, and
- any other content that the forum moderators feel will not add to the normal flow of debate.
Submissions meeting any of the above conditions will be declined. This includes any content quoted through a trackback mechanism. Trackbacks that violate the comment policy will be deleted.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers or email addresses or other such personal information in the body of your comment. Moderators will watch for and potentially remove inappropriate or unnecessary personal information or images about the submitter or a third party. The Government of Alberta cannot control the conduct of third parties having access to this publicly accessible site and disclaims responsibility for any personal information that is posted by you and used by third parties.