The staff of the Historic Resources Management Branch wish you a safe and happy holiday season. If you missed it last week, our holiday post was about St. Nicholas Peak!
RETROactive hit a big milestone this year – 5 years of publication and over 250,000 views all time! Thanks to you, our amazing readers, for your support. We couldn’t have done it without you!
Our top 5 posts of 2016 were:
- Hollywood in the Canadian Rockies
- Changing Animals: Alberta’s Ice Age Megafauna and Wally’s Beach
- Blood Kettles and Buffalo Jumps: Communal Hunting on the Plains of Alberta
- Alberta on Fire: A History of Cultural Burning
- Power and Powder: Early Guns in Alberta
RETROactive will be taking a break over the holidays — we will resume publishing on January 4th, 2017. We look forward to seeing you all in the New Year!